Milk is a powdered food product made from mixing of standardised milk, malt
extract with wheat flour, and cereal grains in such manner as to secure
complete hydrolysis of the starchy material, which is evaporated until it
forms a high viscous solution which is then dried in a Vacuum Tray Dryer /
Vacuum Band Dryer.
The manufacturing process consists of the following stages
- Blending of ingredients like malt extract, milk or milk powder, grain
flour etc in required proportion.
- Concentration of the slurry in evaporator.
- Vacuum Drying of the concentrate.
- Pulverization of the dried product.
- Packaging of malted food.
Casein & Whey Processing Plant
Whey comprises of 80-90% of the total volume of milk
entering in the cheese making and casein manufacturing. Whey contains
soluble proteins, lactose, vitamins & minerals.
Sweet whey is produced when cheese or casein is precipitated by rennet.
Acid whey is produced when mineral acid is used to precipitate cheese or
The Flow diagram of steps to process whey is as under: