- Starch Plant from Corn, Casara, Potato & Rice
Starch can be produced from various starch containing materials like maize, cassava / Tapioca roots, potatoes, wheat, rice etc. There are different technologies for each raw material for recovery of starch. Starch is mostly used for industrial purposes.
Being a pure renewable natural polymer starch has many applications. Its significance as a polysaccharide being able to breakdown into their monomeric and or oligomeric components leading to production of Dextrose, glucose, fructose, maltose & sorbitol. In fact starch has become an important material for the sweetening industry, which was otherwise relying upon sugar cane and beet sugar.
The most common uses of starch are in the following industries:
- Food industries as glucose, dextrose, fructose, sorbitol, maltodextrin as filler and sweetener
- Paper industry for sizing, pulp making & surfacing
- Textile industry for pointing & finishing.
- Ceramic Industry as binder
- Adhesive & Abrasive industry as major ingredient.
- Rubber industry as filler.
Production of Starch from Maize